This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Infinity Music Hall: Sunday, Taj Mahal; Norfolk.
- The Brass Horse Café: Friday, Chris Tofield w/ Big Mike Griffin; Saturday, Chris Tofield w/ Big Mike Griffin; Barkhamsted.
- Tools Bar & Grill: Tuesday, Chris Tofield w/ The Matt Zeiner Trio; New Britain.
- Maple Tree Café: Saturday, Junior Krauss & the Shakes; Simsbury.
- The Berlin Fair Friday, The Tim McDonald / Gene Donaldson Band (4-6 & 7-9pm); Saturday, The Mike Crandall Band (5-9:30pm); Sunday, Petey Hop & the Jack Rabbits (1-3 & 4:30-6pm); Berlin.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Saturday, John Fries & The Heat w/special guest Matt Zeiner; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- Smokin’ With Chris: Friday, Dan Stevens; Southington. (860) 620-9133
- Bridge Street Live: Friday, Rory Block; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- Sam the Clam’s: Saturday, D.Smith Blues Band; Southington. (860) 621-0522
- The Blackstone Irish Pub: Saturday, Bad Rooster; Milldale.
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Saturday, Taj Mahal; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-
- The Red House: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; Deep River.
- June’s Outback Pub: Saturday, The Cobalt Rhythm Kings; Killingworth. (860)-663-1292
- LaLuna: Friday, The Cobalt Rhythm Kings; Branford.
- The Frog Pond: Saturday, Chris D’Amato; Stratford.
- The Outer Space: Saturday, River City Slim & The Zydeco Hogs; Hamden.
- The Blu Parrot Wednesday, Paul Gabriel and his Blues Band; Westport.
- Stash’s Café: Friday, Jeff Pitchell with Texas Flood; New London.
- Theodores': Saturday, Professor Harp; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Saturday, Shemekia Copeland; Westerly, RI
- The Cannery Music Hall Saturday, Jeff Pitchell with Texas Flood and The Sara Ashleigh Band; Southbridge.
- Gumbo: Friday’ SwampShaka w/Tony C; Worcester
Weekly Blues Events
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Tommy Whalen (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Ed Bradley (Wednesday)
- The Pulaski Democratic Club Blues Jam w/Rich Badowski (Friday)
- Bridge Street Live Riverside Brunch (Sunday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night with Riverside Riot (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- Fred’s Brick House Cafe Mike Bloomer’s Open mic (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- City Limits Café Eran Troy Danner Jam (Tuesday)
- Anna Liffey’s Rocky Lawrence (Monday)
- Café 9 Sunday-After-Supper jam: w/ host Kevin Saint James and the Legendary Cafe Nine All-Stars
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band (Tuesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Chute Gates Steakhouse & SaloonJam Eran Troy Danner (Thursday)
Saturday, 8 PM: Shaka & The SoulShakers @ The Deacon John Grave House “Harvest Dinner Live Blues & Auction” Madison.
Outside the clubs on Friday, Junior Krauss & the Shakes are at the Canton Historical Museum for Octoberfest from 6:00 to 7:30 pm.
Christine Ohlman & Rebel Montez are at the Flames of Hope Festival at Waterplace Park (8:30pm) in Providence. It is a benefit for the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Research Foundation.