Now this Blog post is about a group I might not normally write up. Red Molly is a group with a reputation for Roots and Americana music. They hit around the blues edge with folk too. They promise an evening of unforgettable entertainment. But why the blues? As blues fans know so much has been … Continue reading
Monthly Archives: March 2012
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Smokin’ With Chris: Friday, Dan Stevens; Southington. (860) 620-9133 Gelston House: Friday, Basically Blues Band; Haddam. (860) 873.1411 Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Saturday, Rory Block; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473 Black-eyed … Continue reading
This gallery contains 1 photo.
Rocky Lawrence is a Connecticut artist that has toured the world playing Delta blues. He is the foremost performer of Robert Johnson’s music in the world today. Beyond that are the touring he did with Hubert Sumlin and more recently with David “Honeyboy” Edwards. Just last week he had the chance to show … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Hannon-Hatch VFW Post: Saturday, Connecticut Blues Society’s Blues Blizzard; West Hartford. Café 9: Friday, Duke Robillard; Sunday, Roxt Perry; Joe Krown; New Haven. (203)-789-8281 Bridge Street Live: Saturday, J. Geils, … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Infinity Music Hall: Sunday, Tommy Castro; Norfolk. Bridge Street Live: Saturday, The Revelations featuring Tré Williams; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762 The Hessian Lion: Friday, Junior Krauss & the Shakes; Avon. The … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- The Pine Loft Café: Sunday, CTBS Jam w/Ryan Hartt & Petey Hop; Berlin.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, Biscuit Miller & the Mix; Saturday. Anthony Gomes; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- The New Orleans Restaurant: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; Westbrook.
- The Cypress Grill: Saturday, Blues On The Side; Middletown. (860) 346-3367
- Infinity Music Hall: Saturday. Coco Montoya; Sunday, George Winston; Thursday, Southside Johnny & The Poor Fools; Norfolk.
- Maple Tree Café: Friday, Bert Teague/Tim McDonald; Saturday, Junior Krauss & the Shakes; Simsbury.
- Bridge Street Live: Saturday, Bri Brother Joscephus & The Love Revival Revolution Orchestra; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- The Chicken Joint Grill & Bar: Saturday. Jeff Pitchell; Berlin.
- Crabby Al’s Seafood: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Thomaston.
- The Tuscany Grill: Friday, The Steve Polezonis Trio; Middletown.
- Billy Tees: Friday, Brandt Taylor; Cromwell.
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Friday, George Winston; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473
- The Hungry Tiger: Sunday, Coco Montoya; Thursday, Village Maid; Manchester. (860) 649-1195
- The Stadium Sports Bar & Grille: Friday, Eran Troy Danner; Waterbury.
- La Tavola: Wednesday, Paul Gabriel & his Blues Band; Waterbury.
- Georgetown Saloon: Saturday, Voodoo Carnival; Georgetown. (203) 544-8003
- The Steak Loft: Wednesday, Dan Stevens; Mystic. (860)-536-2661
- The Outer Space: Friday, Chrissy Gardner, Amanda Kaletsky, Linda Bonadise; Hamden.
- The Hartford Road Café: Friday, Frankie & The Know-it-alls; Manchester.
- Black Duck Café: Friday, Hat City Blues Band; Westport. 203-227-7978
- Jeff’s Cuisine: Saturday. The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; South Norwalk.
- Theodores’: Saturday, Dynamite Johnny; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café Sunday, Greg Piccolo and Heavy Juice(2.30); Westerly. (401) 315-5070
Weekly Blues Events
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Tommy Whalen (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Steve Balkun (Wednesday)
- The Pulaski Democratic Club Blues Jam w/Rich Badowski (Friday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night 7:30With Liviu Pop (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- City Limits Café Eran Troy Danner Jam (Tuesday)
- Café 9 Sunday Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Jam
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band featuring Rocky Lawrence (Tuesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Chute Gates Steakhouse & SaloonJam Eran Troy Danner (Thursday)
- Georgetown Saloon Open Jam with Art Tobia or Petey Hop