This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Bridge Street Live: Friday, Rory Block; Saturday, Bill Kirchen and Too Much Fun w/ special guest String Band ; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- The First & Last Tavern: Friday, Dan Stevens; Plainville.
- Downtown Café: Saturday, Bad Rooster; Bristol. (860) 582-6853
- Gelston House: Friday, Basically Blues Band; Haddam. (860) 873.1411
- CT’s Prime Time Café: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Thomaston.
- Greenwood’s Grille & Ale House: Friday, Eran Troy Danner; Bethel.
- FTC Stage One: Saturday, Hopefest V /The Kris Heaton Band; Fairfield. (203)-319-1404
- The Green Line Café: Saturday, The Tom Sanders Band; Wolcott.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, Mike Crandall Band; Saturday, Tom Petrie’s All Stars; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- C.J. Sparrows: Friday, The Langley Project; Cheshire.
- The Hungry Tiger: Friday, Janiva Magness; Manchester. (860) 649-1195
- Hammer Down Bar and Grille: Saturday, Frankie & The Know-it-alls; Mancester.
- The Bijou Theatre: Saturday, J Geils, Jeff Pitchell, Gerry Beaudoin; Bridgeport.
- Lakeview Restaurant Bar & Grill: Saturday, King Cake; Coventry.
- The Village Lounge: Friday, Brandt Taylor; Woodstock.
- The Lumberyard Pub: Saturday, Paul Gabriel with the Steve Russell Band; Georgetown. (203) 544-7287
- Mohegan Sun Wolf Den: Saturday, Eight to the Bar; Wednesday, Female Vocal Revue /Otis and the Hurricanes; Uncasville.
- Theodores’: Friday, Peter Parcek; Saturday, The Ed Vadas Blues Quartet; Thursday, Gregg A. Smith; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Wednesday, Mystic Horns; Westerly. (401) 315-5070
- The Southwick Inn: Saturday, The Rich Badowski Blues Band; Southwick.
Weekly Blues Events
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Tommy Whalen (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Ed Bradley (Wednesday)
- The Pulaski Democratic Club Blues Jam w/Rich Badowski (Friday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night with Liviu Pop (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- City Limits Café Eran Troy Danner Jam (Tuesday)
- Café 9 Sunday Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Jam
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band featuring Rocky Lawrence (Tuesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Chute Gates Steakhouse & SaloonJam Eran Troy Danner (Thursday)
Café 9 is now hosting Delta Blues Mondays with Whiskey Sermon They are going to bring the best in Delta Blues based local performers each Monday. Kicking off the series will be the New Haven-based duo Whiskey Sermon. They will play each Monday in April starting at 10 p.m. They’ll be joined occasionally by like-minded locals of their choice.
The Kris Heaton Band is headlining Hopefest V at FTC StageOne, Saturday. This is a benefit concert for Wheels of Hope. Heaton brings his high energy music to StageOne. He will be debuting songs from his new album “Law of the Jungle” which will be on sale at the show. Along with Kris will be the talented area favorite “Remember September” and Drew Lethbridge with Robert Morton.
Wheels of Hope is a charity for people in need. They assist by purchasing food weekly for area individuals. They also provide food donations to food banks in Shelton, They are going into their fifth year and are located in Shelton. This is a charity event. All proceeds will benefit hunger relief. For pre-sale seats, please contact Kris at 203-305-5762.
Then Wednesday, it is the Female Vocal Revue at Stage One. The new show is a unique “discovery- showcase” for talented, yet under recognized Female singers, who each perform with the Back Up Band. The exciting show is the inspiration and production of Old School Music’s Roger Kaufman, a Westport bassist.
Performers for this show include Blues artist Sarah Brooks, multi-talented Victoria Cave, “3 Chicks Who Sing”and Good News Gospel Choir. Opening the show will be Fairfield’s own Otis and the Hurricanes.