This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, The Michael Packer Blues Band; Saturday, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- Infinity Music Hall: Saturday, Kal David & the Real Deal; Norfolk.
- Bridge Street Live: Saturday, Walter Trout; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Sunday, Guy Davis & the Flying Rockets; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473
- Café 9: Friday, Debbie Davies; New Haven. (203)-789-8281
- Smokin’ With Chris: Thursday, Dan Stevens; Southington. (860) 620-9133
- The Blue Moon Café: Saturday, Bob Margolis featuring Ken Sefety; Plantsville.
- The Red House: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; Deep River.
- St. Paul’s: Saturday, King Cake; Willimantic.
- Fred’s Brickhouse Café: Friday, King Cake; Willimantic.
- The Hungry Tiger: Saturday, The Geoff Willard Band; Manchester. (860) 649-1195
- One Eyed Pig: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Newtown.
- Terra Sole Ristorante: Saturday, The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; Ridgefield.
- Long Ridge Tavern: Saturday, The Mojomatics; Stamford.
- RCA Summer Music Festival: Sunday, The Mojomatics; Rowayton.
- The Steak Loft: Wednesday, The Dan Stevens Trio; Mystic. (860)-536-2661
- Geronimo Tequlia Bar: Sunday, Eran Troy Danner; New Haven.
- The Outer Space: Friday, Gina Sicilia; Hamden.
- Lenny’s Indian Head: Sunday, The Mojo Boys (4-7pm) Branford.
- Mclaughlin Vineyards: Sunday, Chris D’Amato w/Shawn Taylor & Daniell Miraglia; Sandy Hook.
- Theodores’: Saturday, Blue Devil Bluez; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Superchief Trio; Westerly. (401) 315-5070
Weekly Blues Events
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Gene Donaldson (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Tim McDonald (Wednesday)
- The Pulaski Democratic Club Blues Jam w/Rich Badowski (Friday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night with The Cypress All-Stars (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- City Limits Café Eran Troy Danner Jam (Tuesday)
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band (Tuesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Chute Gates Steakhouse & SaloonJam Eran Troy Danner (Thursday)
- Bridge Street Live Riverside Brunch (Sunday)
The Fair seasons is upon us and blues bands are part of the entertainment. On Saturday, at the Terryville Lions Country Fair, J Geils, joins Jeff Pitchell & Texas Flood, and Gerry Beaudoin. The three have been touring together and drawing crowds. Also at the Fair Saturday, is Bad Rooster from 4 to 7 pm. Also on Saturday, The Tom Sanders Band will be at The Chester Fair from 3:45 to 6:45 pm.
Sunday, it is Books, BBQ & Blues, at the Blackstone Memorial Library in Branford. The Cobalt Rhythm Kings will play from 3 to 7 pm at the Blackstone Library’s annual fun-time fundraiser. Tickets are available now at http://www.bbandb.com. BBQ ribs, chicken, dogs and burgers are the order of the day.
Sunday, Shaka & the SoulShakers are at The Brooklyn Fair from 11am to 2 pm. Chris D’Amato with Shawn Taylor & Daniell Miraglia play The McLaughlin Vineyards at 1 pm.
Wednesday, the Blues, Berries & Jams on the New Haven Green continues from Noon to 2 pm. The Cobalt Rhythm Kings will be playing in midst of the weekly Wednesday afternoon farmers market.