This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Tools Bar & Grill: Friday, Instigators; New Britain.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, T. Rubble; Saturday Rev. Raven & the Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- Bridge Street Live: Thursday, Kelly Joe Phelps; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- The Crown & Hammer Pub: Saturday Dan Stevens; Collinsville. (860) 693-9199
- LaVita Gustosa: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; E. Haddam. (860) 873-8999
- The Red House: The Tom Sanders Band; Deep River.
- Lucky Lou’s: Saturday, Paul Gabriel Trio; Wethersfield.
- Grand Bridge Restaurant: Sunday Elm City Blues Project, New Haven.
- C.J. Sparrows: Friday, Blues Alley; Saturday, Mojo Meltdown; Cheshire.
- Fred’s House of Blues & BBQ: Friday, Dan Stevens; Windham. (860) 456-4137
- The Hungry Tiger: Friday, Jeff Pitchell; Manchester. (860) 649-1195
- The Voodoo Grill: Friday, The Eric Ducoff Band; Mystic.
- The Lakehouse Restaurant: Sunday, The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; Seymour.
- The Black Duck Café: Friday, The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; Westport. (203)-227-7978
- Oaxaxca Restaurant: Friday, Otis and the Hurricanes; Westport.
- The Fez: Saturday, Otis and the Hurricanes, Stamford.
- The Local Public House: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Waterbury.
- Kit Kat’s Smoked BBQ: Kit Kat’s Smoked BBQ: Saturday Ms. Marci & the Lovesick Hounds (1-4pm); Pawcatuck. (860) 495-5128
- Seaport Marine: Saturday, Kevin Crandall Band, Mystic.
- Theodores’: Friday, Murali Coryell; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Friday, Rick Russell & the Cadillac Horns; Westerly, RI
Weekly Blues Events
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Tommy Whalen (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Ed Bradley (Wednesday)
- The Pulaski Democratic Club Blues Jam w/Rich Badowski (Friday)
- Bridge Street Live Riverside Brunch (Sunday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night with Riverside Riot (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- City Limits Café Eran Troy Danner Jam (Tuesday)
- Café 9 Sunday-After-Supper jam: w/ host Kevin Saint James and the Legendary Cafe Nine All-Stars
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band (Tuesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Chute Gates Steakhouse & SaloonJam Eran Troy Danner (Thursday)
- Fred’s Brick House Café Mike Bloomer’s Open mic. (Thursday)
It is a busy week for Rocky Lawrence as he starts a weekly gig at Anna Liffeys on 17 Whitney Avenue in New Haven.
Every Monday night starting this week thru October 29th at 8:00 pm, Lawrence will be in residency performing Mississippi Delta Blues. The music he learned first hand from Honeyboy Edwards and Robert Lockwood Jr. whom he toured with for several years. On occasion Lawrence will bring in a guest for a special treat and to keep the show fresh.
On Saturday, the Kevin Crandall Band is playing at The Taste of Mystic Seaport Marine on Cottrell Street, rain or shine.
Friday, Eran Troy Danner is at St. Michael’s Episcopal Church in Naugatuck for a Concert on the Green from 6 to 9 pm.
Thursday at Fred’s Brick House Café in Willimantic Mike Bloomer’s Open mic starts at 7 pm. Bring your instrument and jam.
Dave Armstrong writes that after Ken Melillo’s “Elm City Blues Project” once again opened the Blue Monday Labor Day Cookout at the Cafe Nine, they have a string of appearances at the Grand Bridge Restaurant, on Clifton Street in New Haven.