This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. The Shamrock Pub & Grill: Wednesday, Chris Tofield; Waterbury. High Street Block Party: The Steve Polezonis Trio 3:30pm); New Britain. Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Saturday, The Roberto … Continue reading
Monthly Archives: May 2013
This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Bridge Street Live: Friday, James Cotton; Saturday, The Dana Fuchs Band; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- FTC Stage One: Friday, Blind Boys of Alabama w/Dayna Kurtz; Fairfield. (203)-319-1404
- The Brass Horse Café: Sunday, EasyBaby; Barkhamsted.
- Café 9: Monday, The All-Star Rhythm & Blues Memorial Day Barbecue; New Haven. (203)-789-8281
- The White Dog: Friday Basically Blues Band; Portland.
- The Cypress Grill: Sunday, Roberto Morbioli; Middletown. (860) 346-3367
- The Westbrook Elks Club: Sunday, Basically Blues Band; Westbrook.
- Bill’s Seafood: Thursday, Dan Stevens; Westbrook.
- Billy Tee’s Bar & Grill: Friday, Jeff Pitchell and Texas Flood; Cromwell.
- The Back Porch: Friday, Kathy Thompson Band; Saturday, Jerry Langley Project; Old Saybrook. (860) 510-0282
- The Shamrock Pub & Grill: Friday, Greg Sherrod Band; Waterbury.
- Sneekers Café: Saturday, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Groton.
- The Park Central Tavern: Saturday, The Cobalt Rhythm Kings; Hamden.
- The Pit Stop: Saturday, Paul Gabriel w/Howard Eldridge; Milford.
- La Luna: Friday, Dan Stevens; Mystic.
- Coal House Pizza: Friday, The Mojo Duo; Stamford.
- Terra Sole Ristorante: Friday, The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; Ridgefield.
- The Daniel Packer Inn: Saturday, Dan Stevens; Mystic.
- Theodores’: Friday, Diane Blue; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Friday, Nikki Hill; Saturday, Duke Robillard / Greg Piccolo; Westerly. (401) 315-5070
- Fat Tuesday’s: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Springfield.
- Greendale’s: Sunday, Brandt Taylor; Worcester.
- Vincent’s: Wednesday, Dan Stevens; Worcester.
Weekly Blues Events
- Anna Liffey’s Rocky Lawrence (Monday)
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band (Tuesday)
- Knickerbocker Cafe Let’s Dance Wednesdays host Mystic Horns (Wednesdays)
- La Boca EasyBaby Blues Party (Monday)
Weekly Blues Jams
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/Gene Donaldson (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Tim McDonald (Wednesday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night with Host The Cypress All Stars (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- The Good Life Grill Blues Jam w/Burt Teague (Thursday)
- The Shamrock Pub & Grill Blues Jam w/Eran Troy Danner (Tuesday)
- Hammer Down Bar & Grille Open mic hosted by Paco and Mark (Thursday)
- Café 9 Sunday-After-Supper jam: w/ host Kevin Saint James and the Legendary Cafe Nine All-Stars
- Bear and Grill Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Jam (Wednesday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam with Steve Hatch and others (Monday)
- Fiddler’s Green Roxy’s Traveling Roadhouse Friday Night Jam (Friday)
- Knickerbocker Cafe Open Mike at the Knick Host Band Big Cat Blues (Thursday)
- Guilford Country Tavern Sandy Connolly’s Open Mic Night last Wednesday of month
Last week the Blues Foundation held its annual Blues Music Awards ceremony in Memphis. This is one big night of blues. Fans and nominees fill the room. It starts with cocktails in the lobby of the Convention Center. Entertainment is provided by the IBC winners. At 7:00 o’clock the hall doors are open and the … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Bridge Street Live: Thursday, Duke Robillard; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762 Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Friday, Jeff Pitchell & Johnny A.; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473 Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, The Bob Margolis Blues … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Bridge Street Live: Saturday, Lipbone Redding and The LipBone Orchestra; Sunday, Mother’s Day Brunch w/ special guest Lipbone Redding; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762 Infinity Music Hall: Saturday, Peter Tork; Wednesday, Indigenous; … Continue reading