This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, Gina Sicilia; Saturday, Joe Louis Walker; Thursday, Southern Hospitality; Hartford. (860) 278 7427 Infinity Music Hall: Sunday, Buckwheat Zydeco; Norfolk. Café 9: Tuesday, Kath Bloom/Jason Prince/The Mountain … Continue reading
Monthly Archives: July 2013
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. SS&C SummerWind: Friday, Mike Law & the Playboys (5pm); Saturday, Connecticut Blues Society Night; Windsor. (800) 317-7140 Infinity Music Hall: Friday, Southside Johnny and The Asbury Jukes Sunday, Robert Randolph … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. The Cypress Grill: Saturday, The Tom Sanders Band; Sunday, “Memphis Bound” Blues Evening with Danny Draher Band; Middletown. (860) 346-3367 Mohegan Sun Wolf Den: Saturday, Kenny Wayne Shepherd; Uncasville. FTC … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- Bridge Street Live: Saturday, Christine Ohlman & Rebel Montez w/Carrie Johnson; Collinsville. (860) 693-9762
- Infinity Music Hall: Tuesday, Walter Trout; Norfolk.
- The Bristol Swedish Social Club: Saturday, Pork ‘n Blues Fest; Bristol.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse: Wednesday, Kenny Wayne Shepherd / Artie Tobia;. Ridgefield. (203) 438-5795
- June’s Outback Pub: Friday, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Killingworth. (860)-663-1292
- LaVita Gustosa: Friday, The SwampShaka Duo w/Tony C.; E. Haddam. (860) 873-8999
- The New Orleans Restaurant: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; Westbrook.
- Sam the Clam’s: Saturday, Eran Troy Danner; Southington. (860) 621-0522
- Smokin’ With Chris: Thursday, Chris D’Amato; Southington. (860) 620-9133
- The Red House: Saturday, The Tom Sanders Band; Deep River.
- Lucky Frog: Saturday, One Eyed Johnny & The Gravediggers’s; Willimantic.
- The Old Lyme Inn: Wednesday, Dan Stevens (6pm); Old Lyme.
- Backstage: Thursday, Eran Troy Danner, Solo Acoustic; Torrington.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Saturday, Ryan Hartt & the Blue Hearts; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- The Main Pub: Friday, Mike Law & the Playboys; Manchester.(860) 647-1551
- The Hungry Tiger: Tuesday, Eric Sommers; Thursday, Sean Chambers; Manchester. (860) 649-1195
- The Outer Space: Wednesday, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion; Hamden.
- C.J. Sparrows: Friday, Brandt Taylor; Cheshire.
- Lenny’s: Sunday, Sandy Connolly Trio; Branford.
- La Tavola: Wednesday, Paul Gabriel & his Blues Band; Waterbury.
- Terra Sole Ristorante: Friday, The Walter Lewis Blues Trio; Saturday, The Resonators; Ridgefield.
- Mama’s Boy Southern Table & Refuge: Saturday, Otis & the Hurricanes; Sunday, The SwampShaka Duo w/Tony C. (1pm); South Norwalk.
- Dinosaur BBQ: Friday, Otis & the Hurricanes; Stamford.
- Redding Road House: Saturday, Paul Gabriel and his Blues Band; West Redding. (203) 938-3388
- Solun: Tuesday, Brandt Taylor (7pm); Woodbridge.
- The Lake Tavern: Saturday, Brandt Taylor; Dayville.
- Burkes Tavern: Sunday, Dan Stevens; Niantic. (860)739-5033
- The Daniel Packer Inn: Monday, Dan Stevens; Mystic.
- Stearns Square: Thursday, Taj Mahal; Springfield.
- Theodores’: Saturday, The Mark Nomad Band; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- Westerly Town Beach: Wednesday, The B. Willie Smith Band (6-8pm); Westerly.
Weekly Blues Events
- Anna Liffey’s Rocky Lawrence (Monday)
- The Owl Shop Greg Sherrod Band (Tuesday)
- Knickerbocker Cafe Let’s Dance Wednesdays
- La Boca EasyBaby Blues Party (Monday)
- Damons’s Tavern Patty Tuite/Mike Bloomer (Thursday)
Weekly Blues Jams
- The Hungry Tiger Blues Jam w/ Geoff Willard (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s Open Blues Jam w/Ed Bradley (Wednesday)
- Farmington Ave Rest Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill Open Mic/Jam Night w/ Marty from Basically Blues (Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- Hammer Down Bar & Grille Open mic hosted by Paco and Mark (Thursday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- June’s Outback Pub Open Jam (Monday)
- Knickerbocker Cafe Open Mike at the Knick (Thursday)
- Guilford Country Tavern Sandy Connolly’s Open Mic Night last Wednesday of mont
outside the clubs
- Friday, Old Home Days in East Hampton. Jeff Pitchell with Texas Flood and The Jeffettes will be playing.
- Saturday, at Sailfest in New London Shaka & the SoulShakers will be playing at Noon at the Custom House Pier.
- Later on Saturday, the Sue Menhart Band will be part of the Sailfest Fireworks Night at Custom House Pier Stage.
- Sunday, River City Slim & the Zydeco Hogs go to Stamford for Pork in the Park BBQ Festival at Mill River Park. The show is at 2 pm.
- Tuesday, Dan Stevens plays Camp Horizons at 7:15 pm in South Windsor.
- Tuesday the Sue Menhart Band takes part in the Sounds of the North End Bushel Sposato Park, 8 pm in Westerly.
- Wednesday, at the Westerly Town Beach (6-8pm) is legendary favorite The B. Willie Smith Band.
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm. Bridge Street Live: Friday, The Kortchmar McDonald Band; Saturday, Popa Chubby; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762 Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Saturday, Porch Party Mamas; Sunday, The Holmes Brothers; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473 … Continue reading