This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm.
- The Pine Loft Café: Sunday, The Connecticut Blues Society’s Solo/Duo Challenge (5pm); Berlin.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Friday, Jimmy Thackery; Saturday, Bad Rooster; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- Bayou North: Wednesday, John Hammond; Ridgefield.
- Infinity Music Hall: Sunday, Murali Coryell w/guest Mojo Myles Mancuso; Norfolk.
- Bridge Street Live: Friday, Ronnie Earl; Collinsvile. (860) 693-9762
- Bethel Photoworks: Saturday,Walter Lewis and David Anastasia; Bethel. (203) 748-1999
- The Mohegan Sun (Wolf Den): Sunday, David Foster & The Mohegan Sun All-Stars; Uncasville. (888) 226-7711
- Gelston House: Friday, Basically Blues Band; Haddam. (860) 873.1411
- The Crown & Hammer Pub: Friday, Dan Stevens; Collinsville. (860) 693-9199
- Maple Tree Café: Saturday, Jeff Pitchell; Simsbury.
- The Palace Theater: Saturday, Roomful of Blues / Mike Law & the Playboys; Stafford Springs.
- The G.W. Tavern: Saturday, Dan Stevens; Washington Depot. (860) 868-6633
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Friday, Eight to the Bar & The Cartells; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473
- Dry Dock Café: Sunday, the Elm City Blues Band (4:00); Wallingford.
- C.J. Sparrows: Saturday, SwampShaka Duo w/Tony C.; Cheshire.
- Jakes Martini Bar: Friday, Eran Troy Danner; Wallingford. (203) 793-1PUB
- The Beachcomber: Friday, Kathy Thompson Band; Milford.
- The Triple Play Sports Bar: Saturday, Blues Alley; Watertown.
- The Stomping Ground: Saturday, Rick Harrington Band; Putnam. (860) 928-7900
- The Lake Tavern: Saturday, Brandt Taylor; Dayville.
- Lucky Frog: Friday, King Cake; Willimantic.
- Two Boots: Saturday, Roxy Perry’s Roadhouse Jam; Bridgeport.
- The Windmill; Saturday, Paul Gabriel w/ Howard Eldridge; Stratford.
- Redding Road House: Friday, Johnny Feds and Da Bluez Boyz; West Redding. (203) 938-3388
- Burkes Tavern: Friday, Sue Menhart Band; Saturday, Jim Shepley Band; Niantic. (860) 739-5033
- Waterfront Park: Sunday, Roomful of Blues; New London.
- Stash’s Café: Friday, Ms. Marci & the Lovesick Hounds; New London.
- The Voodoo Grill: Friday, Eric Ducoff Band; Mystic.
- Bank St. Cafe: Friday, The Cobalt Rhythm Kings; New London. (860) 444-1444
- Theodores’: Friday, Arno and the Low Down; Saturday, The Delta Generators; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: Friday, Duke Robillard Band / Greg Piccolo & Heavy Juice; Westerly. (401) 315-5070
- Cady’s Tavern: Thursday, Chris Ruest & Preston Hubbard w/Mike Law; Chepachet, RI.
- Sweet Tomatoes: Friday, Brandt Taylor (7pm); Pascoag, RI.
Weekly Blues Events
- Anna Liffey’s: Rocky Lawrence (Monday)
- Anna Liffey’s: Greg Sherrod Band (Wedsday)
- The Owl Shop: Kevin St.James (Tuesday)
- La Boca: EasyBaby Blues Party (First Monday)
- Knickerbocker Café: Let’s Dance Wednesdays w/ Mystic Horns
Weekly Blues Jams
- The Hungry Tiger: Blues Jam w/ Gene Donaldson (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s: Blues Jam w//Mike Law & Chris Ruest (Wednesday)
- Farmington Ave Rest: Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill: Open Mic/Jam Night with (Wednesday)
- Café 9: Sunday-After-Supper jam: w/ The Cobalt Rhythm Kings (Sunday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery: Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- Hammer Down Bar & Grille: Open mic hosted by Paco and Mark (Thursday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub: Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- June’s Outback Pub: Open Jam (Monday)
- Knickerbocker Café: Open Mike at the Knick w/Host Band (Thursday)
- The Black Duck: Open Jam Hosted by Wendy May (Thursdays)
- The Bayou North: Blues Jam w/JD & the Blu-Tones (Tuesday)
- Guilford Country Tavern: Sandy Connolly’s Open Mic Night last Wednesday of month
- Cady’s Tavern: Rick Harrington Weekly Roadhouse Jam (Sunday, Chepachet RI)
Outside of the clubs
Friday, Dan Stevens is at the Bozrah Farmers Market (4pm) and Saturday the Kathy Thompson Band takes part in the West Haven Fire Department 125th Anniversary.
Saturday, Walter Lewis and David Anastasia will help to kick off “ShootThis.org” at Bethel Photoworks. Shoot This was founded by Ray Flanigan of Bethel Photoworks last February in the wake of the Newtown Tragedy. The purpose of the organization is to promote positive alternatives to gun violence. Photographers will teach children in a series of photographic “Shooting Clinics” starting with a Soccer Shooting Clinic at the Danbury Sports Dome.