This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm, also you might want to check the starting time. Infinity Music Hall: Friday, Kal David & the Real Deal featuring Ms Lauri Bono; Wednesday, Robert Cray Band; Norfolk. Bridge Street … Continue reading
This gallery contains 24 photos.
Saturday, Paul Oscher made a stop at Black-eyed Sally’s. First let me talk about CTFastrak, my present transportation to Hartford. As I pulled into the Cedar Street Station (free) parking lot, my classic radio station had a CTFastrak ad. Must have been an omen. The ride is quick and friendly. In fact as I was … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues. The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm, also you might want to check the starting time. Black-eyed Sally’s: Saturday, Paul Oscher; Hartford. (860) 278 7427 Wheeler’s Restaurant & Taproom: Saturday, Rocky Lawrence LIVE; Woodbridge. Katharine Hepburn Cultural … Continue reading
This gallery contains 17 photos.
The Jam led by the Front Row and continues in the Blue Plate Tavern in Plainville. This is a home town spot and the music adds to the entertainment in town. Now that it has been open for awhile, it is starting to get a comfortable feel. Warm weather has opened the patio. The crowd … Continue reading
This gallery contains 22 photos.
It’s fun to watch Jake and the Lowdown, even more when you remember that they are young teenagers. I last saw them in Memphis and I was anxious to see them again. They were opening for Shaka and the Soulshakers. Shake and Ken talking before the show. Shaka … Continue reading
This gallery contains 6 photos.
This Saturday Rocky Lawrence is LIVE at Wheelers Restaurant & Taproom in Woodbridge. It is a special show as Lawrence with be recording it live for an upcoming album. He has done an album of Robert Johnson songs. He is known worldwide for his Johnson like performances and knowledge of the bluesman.Rocky’s first CD, … Continue reading
This gallery contains 21 photos.
The Charlie Musselwhite Band was at the Infinity Music Hall, Friday. Charlie is one of the best blues harmonica players around. He just won another Blues Music Award for his playing. This promised to be a great evening of music. Seeing them play in Memphis at the Awards show made this a must see. The … Continue reading
This gallery contains 1 photo.
The Blues community and the world lost a legendary bluesman with the passing of BB King. It is not only blues fans but all music fans know of his place in the entertainment field and beyond. The King, the Leader, the Ambassador, a man of good will. At his concert last night, Charlie Musselwhite referred … Continue reading
This gallery contains 24 photos.
Week 4 of the Connecticut Blues Society Band Challenge at Black-eyed sally’s got off to a good start and continued through the night. First up was a group with a lot of youth and talent. Say What! Appeared last year and this year sounded even better. Vocalist Grace Carver got the attention of the … Continue reading
This Week’s Blues.
The blues schedule is as up to date as possible, but it’s always a good idea to call the club to confirm, also you might want to check the starting time.
- Infinity Music Hall: Charlie Musselwhite Band; Hartford.
- FTC Stage One: Saturday, Ana Popovic; Thursday, Albert Cummings; Fairfield. (203)-319-1404
- Celtic Cavern: Friday, EasyBaby; Middletown.
- Tobacco Shed Café: Saturday, George Dudack and Night Train Shad Derby Party; Windsor.
- Collinsville Film Festival: Sunday, Balkun Brothers; Collinsville.
- Black-eyed Sally’s: Saturday, Shaka & the Soul Shakers w/Jake Kulak; Hartford. (860) 278 7427
- The Brass Horse Café: Sunday, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Barkhamsted.
- The Corner: Friday, Eran Troy Danner, acoustic duo; Litchfield.
- The New Orleans Restaurant: Saturday, Basically Blues Band; Westbrook.
- Bill’s Seafood: Thursday, Shawn Taylor Duo; Westbrook.
- Katharine Hepburn Cultural Arts Center: Friday, Eight to the Bar/The Cartells; Old Saybrook. (860)-510-0473
- The Fez: Friday, Fifty Shades of Blue; Stamford.
- Harbour House: Friday, Ramblin’ Dan Stevens; Mystic.
- The Pit Stop: Saturday, Howie (Eldridge) & The Soul Potatoes; Milford
- Alfa Bar and Grill: Saturday, Otis and the Hurricanes; Milford.
- The Spaceland Ballroom: Saturday, Johnnys Rawls, Dave Keller, The Mighty Soul Drivers; Hamden.
- Tony’s Huntington Inn: Sunday, Howie & The Soul Potatoes Bridgeport.
- Theodores': Friday, Dynamite Johnny; Saturday, Professor Harp th; Springfield. (413) 736-6000
- The Knickerbocker Café: The Allman Neville Pitchell Band; Westerly. (401) 315-5070
Weekly Blues Events
- Anna Liffey’s: Rocky Lawrence (Monday)
- The Owl Shop: Kevin St.James (Tuesday)
- Griswold Inn: Eric Ducoff Band (Tuesday)
- Nightingale’s Acoustic Café: Dan Steven’s “Pickin’ Parties” (Tuesday)
- La Boca: EasyBaby Blues Party (First Monday)
- Knickerbocker Café: Let’s Dance Wednesdays w/ The Cartells
- Home: Rocky Lawrence (1st & 3rd Sunday)
- Vincent’s: Jon Bonner and Boogie Chillin (Tuesday)
Weekly Blues Jams
- The Hungry Tiger: Blues Jam w/ Geoff Willard (Monday)
- Black Eyed Sally’s: Blues Jam w/ Tommy Whalen (Wednesday)
- The Hungry Tiger: Open Mic Blues Jam Hosted by The Hammerdown All-Stars (Thursday)
- Farmington Ave Rest: Joe Bluz Jam (Thursday & Friday)
- Cypress Grill: Open Mic/Jam Night w/ Basically Blues Band (Wednesday)
- Café 9: The Original Sunday Night Jam / (Sunday)
- Stella Blues Jam: The Cobalt Rhythm Kings ( 1st Wednesday)
- C J Sparrow Pub & Eatery: Ken Safety’s Open Mic Show (Thursday)
- Open Space: Open Mic Night (Wednesday)
- Gibson’s at the Clarion: Blues Jam (Sunday)
- Sully’s Pub: Pete Scheips Jam (Sunday)
- Spill the Beans Coffee House Acoustic Open Mic w/Johnny I (Thursday)
- Sully’s Pub: Pete Scheips & Friends Jam (Tuesday)
- Infinity Music Hall: Open Mic w/Andy Attanasio (Wednesday)
- Knickerbocker Café: Open Mike at the Knick w/ (Thursday)
- The Black Duck: Open Jam Hosted by Wendy May (Thursdays)
- The Hideaway: JD Seem’s Swamp Jam (Tuesday)
- Guilford Country Tavern: Sandy Connolly’s Open Mic Night last Wednesday of month
- The Stomping Ground: Open Mic (Sunday)
- Cady’s Tavern: Rick Harrington Weekly Roadhouse Jam (Sunday, Chepachet RI)
- Theodores’: Open Mic w/ Juanita Mic (Thursday, Springfield, MA)
- Greendale’s Pub: Tony Soul Hosts Blues Jam Alexandria Bianco (Sunday, Worcester, MA)
- Greendale’s Pub: Open mic (Tuesday, Worcester, MA)
- Greendale’s Pub: Jim’s Blues Jam (Sunday, Worcester, MA)
- Park Grill and Spirits: Two Left Blues Jam (Tuesday, Worcester, MA)
- Greendale’s Pub: Wackey Blues Jam (Wednesday, Worcester, MA)
- Jillian’s: Open mic (Thursdays, Worcester, MA)
- Snow’s Restaurant & Bar: Open mic (Sunday, Worcester, MA)
- Boundary Brewhouse: Sunday Blues Jam (Pawtucket, RI)